Steve from Atlanta

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
steved033

Steve from Atlanta

Post by steved033 »

Hey everyone, I just put an order in with Wes, and I'm really excited to try these out. If the videos are any indication, these cars look like a ton of fun.

I'm in the Atlanta, GA area, I'm a mechanical engineer, well versed in Solidworks CAD. I'm a complete and total petrol head (as the English say). Street cars, race cars, model cars, slot cars....just cars... people ask me why?? I tell them I was never good at sports, LOL.

anyways, Hi from Atlanta.

sjd
Lasp

Re: Steve from Atlanta

Post by Lasp »

Velcome too the world of realistic racing.
Its take sometime too find out how too make a track.
But its funny and cheap. Good luck.
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Hi Steve, welcome on board, you are not alone (petrolhead) :thumpup
/Keld
steved033

Post by steved033 »

Thanks guys...I've been reading and reading on track building and design. I really like that little dremel saw and depth gauge you did, Keld.

I think the magracing technology will lend itself to something i'd never been able to accomplish in slot cars. A street circuit like Long Beach or tampa or Monaco.

I've been thinking on an adjustable wheelbase chassis, and have been looking closely at the factory chassis photos.

sjd
steved033

Post by steved033 »

should only be a couple more days....

batteries ordered, basement cleaned up...need to make a trip to the home improvement store for some suitable track surface.

sjd
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Remeber its not a 16 tons truck it have to carry!
I use some soft material using for steepreduncancy on parkett floors.
Trying different metods to lay and glue the wire, and make good Lane Changing things.

In this week I will test a lumppaper witsh is just 0.8 mm thick and trye too make the route before I glue the wire.

Its the nice thing with MagRacing, soo many things too test!