New racer from East Tennessee

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
fleetsailor1981

New racer from East Tennessee

Post by fleetsailor1981 »

Just found out about MAGracing last week when looking at slot cars on YouTube and was hooked. The good thing is two of the bodies rate in my top five favorite racecars. The 312pb and 908/3. How could I not fall in love? But I have noticed that there is not much activity on this forum or any other I could find. I really want to find out about other bodies. I love DTM, GTP, ALMS, BTCC, Can An, Trans Am, Sports Car Racing, anything but NASCAR that I hate with a passion. Any advise on track building would be a great help
Keld
Administrator

Re: New racer from East Tennessee

Post by Keld »

Hi an welcome, it shouldbe possible to find out a lot about trackbuilding in here, I think we covered the most, but you can always ask if something isn't clear enough.

There can't be much activity, I think on slotcars, where we are 20+ in my club, and only two of them is active on a slotcar forum. a local danish one, reading international slotcar forums I can find max 6 danes, but there are 200 on the danish slotcarforum.
calculating 20/2 * 200 = 2.000 active slotracers in Denmark (pop 6 mill.) so 1 out of a million is active on int. slotforums.

I think that 100 members are very very good for this little MagRacing sport/hobby until now. I am sure that this will grow and the MagRacing will have succes, but it take time when you dont have many millions to advertise.
/Keld
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

btw I hope to get time soon to make some tracks to the UR30 track program, I did find this program usefull for building slotcar track an dit can also be good for MagRacing, more about that later, now it is time to make the run in the forrest and keep my old body working.
/Keld
WesR

Post by WesR »

Hi Fleetsailor, and welcome. Re bodies, the 1970's sports cars were chosen
because a/ they are favourites of mine also (I can actually remember when they
were new!) b/ they are all relatively short wheelbase (it seemed a good idea to
start with the smallest cars and get everything in the chassis. Longer chassis
would then be easy) and c/ the bodies all had flat side panels which make vac.
forming much easier. Also peaked helmets were on the way out and rear wings
were not in!
I appreciate the interest in other bodies but I have to say, in my experience, the short wheelbase cars will always be the quickest on the relatively short circuits that we have to race on.
Thanks Keld for your continued enthusiasm and support. I was pleased to
see that the Forum recently reached 46 daily views, it's highest ever total.
We recently had an order from a customer who bought his first car 18 months
ago! Such things are encouraging.