New from the Netherlands also known as "Holland"

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
postj06

New from the Netherlands also known as "Holland"

Post by postj06 »

Hi there, I'm Johan and I am from the Netherlands,

I've been racing slotcars for more than 40 years (and still do) and was triggered by the video's on youtube of "Magracing" (that was the original name).
So after mailing with Martin of Magnetic Racing I've ordered a car a few days ago. Thereafter I have to buy a transmitter and batteries/charger. So I am in the initial fase of discovering and trying this system. By means of this forum I want to get some ideas of people who are longer involved with this kind of modelcar racing and offcourse share my experiences with you all, but that will take some time.
Ned

Re: New from the Netherlands also known as "Holland"

Post by Ned »

Welcome aboard Johan. I've been involved in this hobby for 4 years. I have a large layout permanently installed on the ground outside. A 2 year old video of my track can be seen at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8kwPQYDnk&t=58s

For guys like me who are interested in converting slot cars to mag steer cars, I design chassis kits and have them printed at Shapeways. Most of them I make available to others to buy. My newest kit is called CK8 which is designed for 2.4ghz RC gear.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/BVQQ6 ... d=65196717
I offer a lot of other 1/32 scale accessories for magracing which you can see at
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/magracingunlimited?s=0

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
HeliumFrog

Post by HeliumFrog »

Hello Johan
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the order!

We are getting quite a lot of interest in magracing again now and I am enouraging anyone who contacts me to join the forum. I think Wes videos is also on Youtube are generating a lot of interest.

We are doing the slot car show in Gaydon in two weeks time here in the UK and hope to have a few cars to show people. This is the largest slot car show here, so I am hoping that this gets the Magracing word out there!
davidwp

Post by davidwp »

Welcome Johan,
My interest in magnetically steered cars results from my intention to have operating vehicles on my 1:24 scale garden railroad. Ii have been very impressed by the 1:24 operating vehicles at the amazing miniature park Madurodam at The Hague in the Netherlands. Have you been there? I am very curious how the cars and trucks are steered. In some videos you can see that the steering mechanism has wires attached. Here is one example:

Best of luck with your Magracing track!

Regards,
David Palmeter
postj06

Post by postj06 »

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your replies.
this week I've received the transmitter and the batteries and charger. The car I received already last week, so I hope to try the first steps in magnetic racing.
I've read somewhere how to bind the receiver in the car to the Flysky transmitter, but can't find it anymore. Can someone tell me how or where I can find it?
Thnxs,

Johan
postj06

Post by postj06 »

Oh sorry David,

I have forgotten to answer your question if I have been to Madurodam. Well, yes, but unfortunately, that has been some 50 years ago!
So, I can't help you with an answer to your question.
I do think however that the magnetic racing method is very usefull for your modelrailroad. You could use it in the most simple way, without transmitter because you don't need to steer your cars (maybe the speed).
Suc6 with your magnetic railroad cars!
postj06

Post by postj06 »

I found it!
Binding the car was written in the "CAR" section. So that's clear.