Magracing's appeal to me

here the word is free (almost) if you would like to discuss real cars ore something else, but nothing that can offence people.
bwolfsohn

Magracing's appeal to me

Post by bwolfsohn »

What appeals to me (& i've been out of slot car racing since the mid 60's), it that it looks like you can even set-up and take down large tracks very quickly.. Since the only area we have is a multi-use area in our barn, a regular slot car track won't work for us..

the realistic speeds and lane changing are also attractive..

I haven't decided if i'm going to get back into this, there are NO local slot tracks (we had one 2 miles away, but it closed 5 years ago. nearest one now is 4 hours away)

Brian Wolfsohn
South Florida.
Oldgoat

Re: Magracing's appeal to me

Post by Oldgoat »

Brian :klap
Welcome to forum and to your maybe return to a NEW sport. I also was in very deeply to slots back in the mid 60's, co-owner of track/shop while in the service of our country via the USN station in Great Lakes NTS.

We are all trying to figure the best way to use this system and many are thinking enlarging to 1/24 and even going to Nascar oval tracks.

So if you have questions on anything we have tried so far, feel free to post it under what ever listing title fits on the site and you should get many people with a answer or idea for it.

Chris Sr. 8-)
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Brian...our MagTrack is three 4x8 ft sections that set up in 3 minutes and stores against the wall when not in use.
Total cost of the track was about $150

I love the MagRacing, but our group has too much invested in slot cars, so we'll be doing both.
If I was starting from scratch, it would be MagRacing only.
bwolfsohn

Post by bwolfsohn »

oldslotracer wrote:Brian...our MagTrack is three 4x8 ft sections that set up in 3 minutes and stores against the wall when not in use.
Total cost of the track was about $150
I've been looking at all your posts.. i can see how easy setup has been for you...
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

What appeals to me is low costs such as a car and a controller for under $120. Tracks can be very inexpensive, with locally bought supplies. Batteries can be had for $12.00 for 4 each 10440 AAA Li-ion with a charger shipping included. And wait until you drive one! The drifts are a gas, you have enough horse power to light the tires up at any time. If you can control yourself the cars are very good handling to the point that you can induce drifts between wires where there are no lane changes. One thing I thought when I first got the cars was that this has to be one best toy cars that I have ever run. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the system. I'm working on a second track now and the track building is painless compared to routeing wood.

See ya gotta go do some power slides,

Paul :thumpup