what to use for a lap counting system

before a track could be used for serius racing and not only for practice, there must be a lapcounting system.
oldslotracer

Re: what to use for a lap counting system

Post by oldslotracer »

Paul, Dan (TrackMate) will be away all next week, so I may not have the timer working till he gets back (I have some set-up questions). I don't have a price yet.
Leonabi76

Post by Leonabi76 »

Has anyone else seen this system? (Link below) It's a new company, apparently, but they're not slot less. My point was to show their lap counting/timing system. It seems to use RFID not unlike what's used in mini RC. There's a 5/10/15 tag setups and they use a sensor bar. Compared to things like core speedway the price is pretty good.

http://dmxslots.com/index.php?route=pro ... uct_id=135
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Intressting

Looks clear and clean, but

Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock! ;-(
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

Luf,
:klap How did trackmate know Magracing needed a modified version of their system?

And yes what are they asking for the version?

guess I could bring their site up hehe :D

thanks for the info .

Chris 8-)
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

LapMaster is testet without a track in the office :? and it seems to work perfect, later today Thursday we will test it in the club on the test track.
If it works OK and without any problems it will be ready for sale, the price for this High end system is USD 360 / DKK 2000 / € 270 / £ 230 + shipping
/Keld
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Chris...Dan at TrackMate races with us occasionally (he's only 15 minutes away). We have his timing system on all our tracks and he adapted his r/c timing. I have it working on my Big Track (I need a name for it) and we'll be running it for the first time with 6 cars on Friday...yes, I finally got my batteries!

I believe he's selling his timing system for $200US
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

This is the wiring harness...

...and the sensors in the track...

Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

today we finally tested the LapMaster, first we had some problems with especially one car, that was a combination of bad construction of the track/IR sensors, and a car with very high signal, a minor adjustment of the IR sensors, gave us a perfect signal, we then made some races without any problems.

The next problem is to find a place on the track with almost no deslotting*
it is a must that the cars are passing the sensors, and not between the sensors, so at the end of a long straight would be good.

we where only 7 tonight, 5 racers and 2 marshalls, that worked real well. :thumpup
/Keld
TrackmateRacing Dan

Post by TrackmateRacing Dan »

Hi,
Mag Racing lap counter is on the TrackmateRacing web site now. In the digital section

Thanks Luf for posting pictures of the lap counter.
Going for $235 hardware and software with cable for two lanes.

Thanks

Dan
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Hi Dan, I was wondering if you can hook up more than two sensors and how much they would cost? Would I also need a usb to serial cable for usb input?

Paul