New boy

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
Jaybee

New boy

Post by Jaybee »

Hi Guys. I'm John in Bolton uk. Thinking of getting into this great hobby. I wonder if people have experience of using off the shelf micro r/c cars. I'm thinking of 1/43 scale. I know scale speed will be higher but could regulate that. Also I'm interedted in what magnets etc. Any ideas?
Keld
Administrator

Re: New boy

Post by Keld »

Hi Jaybee
It is not just to convert a r/c car, there are many aspect to consider, I can only advise you to buy a set from Wes, see how it works, and then you can try to convert 1/43
Let here about it when it happens.
/Keld
Raudi1

Re: New boy

Post by Raudi1 »

Jaybee

Keid gives you good advice. This magracing at present is a system and and no more than you could take a slot car flag and attach it to your mini rc and make it work on a slot track, simply glueing a magnet to the bottom of your RC will not allow it to work on a magracing track.

I'm sure that alternate chassis, controllers, bodies, etc. will eventually come along but they will have to start with the current system and evolve. At present I'm sure many of us are just coming up with ideas that Wes tried and discarded months ago prior to introducing his product.

I believe the beauty is this is a finished product that works at a modest initial investment. Customizing can come later.

I would second the suggestion that you join us and get a car, build a track, have a go with some of your friends and contribute your experience to see if you can improve the breed.