My third track

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
PDX Bryan

Re: My third track

Post by PDX Bryan »

I know I'd be there in a heartbeat if I were in the neighborhood. What you've got started is way too good to drop.
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

Bad news for sure. I think Mike is completely correct. I have been working on more detailed bodies. Trying to perfect a 3piece buck for deep undercuts. Almost satisfied.. also having a injection molding machine made. Talking to a guy about photo etching. I should have something really nice by years end. Thinking fly but bodies but vacuum formed.

Don't give up.

Joel
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

I would agree with many of the comments. When I tried increased traction with the rubber glove tires (front and rear) it got the attention of many of the slot racers and seemed to help the most. Many think they are just to slow, I had many negative comments when we first started with only tape on the tires and hundreds of wipe outs per race. Some of the slot racers seem to have a real dislike for R/C that seems to stem from the inverted steering when driving away and toward your self. Some slot racers won't even try them! Some have tried and after a few wipe outs they give up saying it is to difficult. I guess it is not for everyone, I think the MAGracing has a lot of modeling and racing potential. Here in Edmonton with a very short summer, toy cars won't get much use until the snow flies next winter. I'm looking forward to the next season and will promoting the MAGracing more than the slot racing here at my place. Best of luck Luf, I'm sure you'll find more racers next season.

Paul
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

The little women wants to make a trip up to Vancouver later this year. Maybe we could get together for a few laps......

Kinda looks like I was trying to highjack your topic.. Sorry for that...

Joel
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

sad to hear! But I understand!
Here in sweden some peoble think I have to go and play on another backyard, because of the missing slot!
But I still testing with modular form of track, I beliwe that it needs a loot of space, and several cars running.

But I also missing the possibility to hook the system up to the computer. For me, racing is a time messering thing!

I have send some signals, buth not get any respons considering Lap Time.
I can se that I get numbers in to the computer by my Carrera digital system. But I need some standalone device to put in the track!

I am not giving it up, but its take two to tango!
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Joel, let me know when you're coming up...always time for some laps. We have 2 wood slotcar tracks that we race on every week.

Guys, I have 10 cars & controllers, lots of batteries & chargers and a timing system...everything but a track (for now).
I've put everything away for a while and may build a smaller track after the summer. I just need a few guys to show some interest.
WesR

Post by WesR »

Luf's situation is dissapointing. It's hard for me to understand. During my long time in
the business I always assumed that model car racers would always be interested in something
more realistic and requiring greater driving skills more akin with full size racing. Sadly this does
not always seem to be the case. As mentioned, many slot car racers seem to think that
steering a car is too difficult. I have seen six year old children racing r/c cars!
Mustn't be too critical of slot racers though as they have bought most of our cars. R/C racers
are also proving difficult to interest. I have given a lot of thought to sectional tracks but having
set radii curves and set lengths for straights seems so restricting for track design. I feel that
a complete track such as our new mini track will perhaps be the answer for some people.
As can be seen, it folds up well and the 2 halves could be split later and extension sections
fitted if more space were available. When the Targa track is finished we will have new
more professional videos made and in the autumn will try some new ideas for selling the
system.
Re. injection moulded bodies, these, as with extended chassis, would be no problem
if we had more sales to justify the expence. Almost a chicken and egg situation.
Thank you all for your continued enthusiasm which, at least , is encouraging.
Track photos following.
WesR

Post by WesR »

Mini track just about finished. The scenic bit is removable!
Attachments
Mini track finished 001 (500x454).jpg
Mini track finished 001 (500x454).jpg (162.32 KiB) Viewed 13916 times
WesR

Post by WesR »

Folded away. Hanging straps or chains may have been better.
Attachments
Mini track finished 004 (500x375).jpg
Mini track finished 004 (500x375).jpg (152.87 KiB) Viewed 13916 times