FREE TEST TRACK!

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
Kuipo

Re: FREE TEST TRACK!

Post by Kuipo »

We never did post any pictures of this track. I'll post one real quick here.

IMG_1832 by Kuipo, on Flickr
Kuipo

Post by Kuipo »

Funny enough, the colors used on this track are the same as the ones we use for the PacNorthwest track, but the lighting brings the colors out so much more in this shot. The grass always looks like it's dying and turning brown in the videos we post haha.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Hello Nice picture, engaging children is newer wrong!
How many people was it that make a test of MagRacing?

And is it someone that will start!
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Appreciate the comments Lasp. Sorry it took so long to report the results.

First I do wish to thank Joel for making the trip up and for the brief time we had to share thought on our hobby. It's always great to meet someone with like interests.

I must confess that in total it was far more of a kids event than what I had hoped for. Perhaps the other events surrounding it, i.e. face painting, horse rides, animal petting zoo, set the stage. For whatever reason the children quickly took over the event and I believe kept many adults from showing more interest.

Ultimately it was a young teen, Rachael, whom I would guess at about 13-14yrs, who won the track and car, and she had shown great interest and wanted to win the track very badly. She made a very deserving winner.

Unfortunately, it was my hope that more adults having seen slot cars in their youth and having an interest in racing, might become interested in the possibilities. After all U tube is full videos by people who have built model car tracks with the track itself being the weak link in creating a realistic diaorama.
WesR

Post by WesR »

Thanks for your efforts guys. I was thinking recently that perhaps we should promote a simple
track alongside the more ambitious ones we have built for more serious racing. Some folk could
be put off if they feel they must have lots of space and a big track.
Kuipo

Post by Kuipo »

I agree Wes. As I mentioned, I was actually quite surprised that it wasn't boring with so few turns. It goes to show that you could quite easily make a track that's fun for 2~3 people with a fairly small footprint. Fewer turns allows you to focus on getting things right. Sadly you can't get the speeds up, and it could get repetitive quickly, but I suppose if you kept it flat you could make multiple tracks and lay whichever one down you wanted to race on at the time. *shrug*