PacNorthwest updated (Resurfaced+)

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
Kuipo

PacNorthwest updated (Resurfaced+)

Post by Kuipo »

We've made a lot of changes to the track recently. (Including resurfacing the whole thing)

I'll Let Raudi explain all the changes we've made in detail as he did most of it.

We did get to make a new video of it though (See below).

I just uploaded it recently so it might not be immediately available for all to view yet. It will be soon enough though.

WesR

Re: PacNorthwest updated (Resurfaced+)

Post by WesR »

Great video boys! New track and bodyshells look excellent. This is what the hobby needs!
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Yes things have been busy here at PacNorthwest Raceways. In addition to landscaping, there has been a pedestrian overpass added as well as a state of the art media/pit complex complete with helipad!. You'll note the unique pit garages and indoor team boxes as well.

As mentioned, following lessons learned building the "raffle" track, the entire track was rewired and repaved making a much smoother road surface. It also has far fewer switch points, but those that remain all have a specific purpose. Discussion of this will be subject of a future thread.

There are now six switch points plus a pit turnout, and a couple turns have been revised bringing a quick lap time to just over 5 seconds per lap. The racing line requires three turns per lap, or one every One and half-2 seconds, which keeps a driver on his toes.

As you can see, Kuipo did an excellent job of putting together this short film. Unlike Wes's Targa style track, ours is intended to pay homage to permanent club/ road racing tracks common to the CanAm. Hopefully you can enjoy our vision.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

A lovely video!
Enjoyable.

Thanks from Lasp
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

Very nice track. And I love the 2J......
PDX Bryan

Post by PDX Bryan »

Thanks for the video! Looks like a fun set up and the track looks great.
But what's up with those cars? You just sort of nonchalantly slipped them in there. Someone's been busy! 917, McLaren, Chaparel-NICE! Can we get a little info on these builds? I'd like to see them sitting still for a second.
Thanks,
Bryan
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Ya Joel, I thought you might like the 2J.

Sure I'll try to get some stills posted. All three of those mentioned are by TrueScale (truescaleproducts.com) but the chaparral is no longer available so I paid dearly for it on eBay. There detail and quality is excellent. However, it is a part time job for him so large quantities are not really available and delivery times may be longer than normal.

The P3 and Matra 650 are from Pattos in Australia.