Alternate Lane Layouts?

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
Nor Cal Mike

Alternate Lane Layouts?

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Anyone thinking of alternate lane layouts like compound radius, more than two lines of travel etc.
Mike A
oldslotracer

Re: Alternate Lane Layouts?

Post by oldslotracer »

I have lotsa things I want to try, but until I get my damn batteries, there's not much I can do. Maybe I'll swim out to meet the ship...
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

I am waiting for my batterys also and I have many ideas to try on lanes layouts and their numbers also. Like I said about the oval (which will have to wait for more space to play with). Mike, can you draw some test lanes layouts and post them?

Chris
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

I think everyone is waiting for batteries... Multiple lane routes in the corners would be cool. I am planning several lane changing points in all my straits. About one every foot. It will be interesting to see just how many routes are possible for the corners. Like to know if we can overlap the guide wires and not loose the cars original route. With stronger steering mags you might be able to brake away from one line and slide onto the next one.

Or one could design very complex pathways using the lane change plates. Will be exciting to see what everyone comes up with. All I know is mine will not be a traditional slot type track. After all it is time to start thinking outside the slot.....
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

Joel,

Think from what is said about the lane change Y and having to use the plate that Wes sells and making sure it is positioned correct so the lane change will work. Thats another test for the test track hehe. Might have to leave a space at the junction like HO train tracks, as the car will not make any major turn at that point unless you touch the steering wheel. All this is real cool to try to make work. Brings back my rewind motors days in the 60's. Thanks for clearing your plans up so this old F--t can understand .

Chris
:ugeek:
Vintage 1/24

Post by Vintage 1/24 »

Just wanted to post - I had excellent results ordering through Amazon - I received my batteries and charger within a few days.
I actually have them in hand before my cars have arrived.
I am very interested in the possibilities that magracing will be presenting - I have lots of ideas about cars and tracks - but I have to get familiar with these new toys as they are (out-of-the-box) first.
racerpaul

Post by racerpaul »

Vintage 1/24 wrote:Just wanted to post - I had excellent results ordering through Amazon - I received my batteries and charger within a few days.
I actually have them in hand before my cars have arrived.
I am very interested in the possibilities that magracing will be presenting - I have lots of ideas about cars and tracks - but I have to get familiar with these new toys as they are (out-of-the-box) first.
Greetings from a fellow Long Islander!!

Regards
Paul