My version of Wes's Small Starter Track

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
AUS_Phil

My version of Wes's Small Starter Track

Post by AUS_Phil »

Hi,

Trying to design a slightly deeper version of Wes's Small Starter Track, as my first test track.

I want it to fit on top of the spare bed and be able to fold up for storage. My space is approximately 240cm x 75cm, a bit less than 96" x 36" in the old language.

I have an having big issues making the straights long enough for the lane changers.

Would the lane changes in the plan have any chance of working reliably, with only 30cm/12" run up?

Kind regards,

Phillip.
WesR

Re: My version of Wes's Small Starter Track

Post by WesR »

Hi Phil. Not sure how long the straights are pre lane changes on our track but they can't be much more than your 30 cms. I have possibly been a bit over cautious on this in the past.
The important thing is that the car must be running straight at the l/c for this to work consistently. (i.e. no tail sliding out) This can depend on tyre grip, track surface grip and speed out of the turn. I think 30cms will be ok.
AUS_Phil

Re: My version of Wes's Small Starter Track

Post by AUS_Phil »

Thanks Wes,

I had been trying to work out how you could have got the 50cm straights before the lane changers on the "small starter track". 30cm is the best that I could with the CAD program.

I may still try and lengthen the base board to get the track a little bit longer before hitting the lane changers (remembering the tips from steellynx on his "Tiny test track")

Regards,

Phillip.