My test track

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
Double Naught

Re: My test track

Post by Double Naught »

The new Targa 5 "Cover" looks excellent, I am interested in your alternating racing line idea. So how is the MAGracing track supported? Does it sit on the Targa or is it on stilts? And how are you attaching the track pieces to each other? I was thinking pocket screws for a floor version to attach the sections.

Very cool stuff,

Paul
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Paul... the MagTrack sits on a couple of 2x4s that span the Targa Track. The roadway has tongue and groove joints that slide together and the 3 sections are held by 4 C-clamps. It all takes about 5 minutes to set up.

The first section is filled and sanded...

I added some speed to the esses...

...it's working, but I can't go fast until I get some barriers up.
I'll get the wire into the straight tonight, then it's just one section to go.

Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

OSR,
you make me jealous and I have to wait to start my track since I am still trying to clean up the roof collapse over the holidays. My knees also slow me down, sure wish we never get OLD. :P

Oh well, your track is really gaining speed and I love the slight banking on the esses. great work and your old slot experience is showing through.

Chris :D
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Hi OSR, its looking great, the speed at Esses, good thinking :idea:
/Keld
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Chris...just before christmas, my neighbor hit my garage with his car, smashed about 6 feet of wall. Finally got it fixed 2 weeks ago...it was cold in there! I know what you mean about "old", if I'd worked this hard when I had my business, I'd be rich.

The racing line through the esses is default in the counter clockwise direction. If you take the racing line, you may get interference from both lanes, so it will all depend on traffic. Can't wait to try it.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

OSR I like the Esses, This is all about the different with The very Old Slot Racing. ;-)

Its will take a new turn
PICT8820.JPG
PICT8820.JPG (56.75 KiB) Viewed 14587 times
How do you going to mark upp the L/C?

I am burning for testing this joint! Maeby it will work?
Mayby not But it will not DeSlot!
PICT8826.JPG
PICT8826.JPG (37.1 KiB) Viewed 14587 times
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

The third section is done!

Spent about 30 minutes running a car around the track. Works great in both directions, but there's a couple of lane changes that need some tweaking. Also, a couple of lane changes are a little too close together, it takes some fine timing, but I guess that's part of the learning curve.

I've got 4 cars and 2 more coming, but I only have 4 batteries, so it'll be a while before we can really test the track
simonish

Post by simonish »

Is the original couple of postings of the test track really only 8 x 4? I'm limited on space and wondering what I can fit into 8 x 4 poss over 2 levels maybe

Simonish
Raudi1

Post by Raudi1 »

Upon review, the track was laid out on three 4'x 8' sections joined together.

However I believe his original test track was on a 4'x 8'.