My test track

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
oldslotracer

Re: My test track

Post by oldslotracer »

Tonight was the first time we've run 2 cars on the test track. Worked even better than I'd hoped. Next week I hope to have 4 cars running.
Work has started on the real track.
Leonabi76

Post by Leonabi76 »

OSR,
That looks really good. As WesR stated, it seems that the speed gives plenty of reflex time. When will we get peek at the real track :?:
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

The framework for the real track is done...roughly three 4ft x 8ft sections

Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

OSR I think many people are waiting to what you can do with this MAGracing, ost slotracer I talk to know your targa track, and this old version 864 track really inspired many guys to build or try to build a a wooden track.

I hope the same happens with MAGracing, I can't wait to see what you will build.
/Keld
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Almost everyone in our club is hanging back, they're not sold on MagRacing (yet), so this first track will be fairly simple. I want a track that's fairly easy to drive. Once everyone is comfortable with it I'll probably build a more challenging one.

I'm thinking you could set one controller to run 5 or 6 cars at an average speed and 1 or 2 guys could learn the track and practice driving and passing.
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

And when you said you were going to cover the targa track I never thought COVER the track. I assumed you were going to "cover" the road part of the track with 1/8 in. ply...

Very interested.............
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

I'll get lynched if I do anything to the Targa track, we all have too much invested in slot cars.
On our race nights, we'll run our regular two rounds of slots, then at the end of the evening, we'll set up the MagTrack and go at it for 20 minutes or so.
Once it catches on, we might do the MagRacing on a different night.
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

Got a rough layout...2 lanes 4" apart with the racing/passing line in red.
I don't want one continuous racing line...if you take the racing line in one corner, you can't have it for the next corner.
You'll need to choose, depending on traffic. Not sure it will work, but I gotta try it.

I just had to get an idea what 10 cars will look like on the track. Routing starts tomorrow!
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

The first section is wired and tested in both directions...

Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

now it take shape GREAT
/Keld