My Big MagTrack

Tell us about your track, post a picture from the track together with description

Where is the track located, and is it open for visitors like a club track,
oldslotracer

Re: My Big MagTrack

Post by oldslotracer »

There's no nit-picking...we're all experimenting and learning as we go. My track plan is just a rough guide, once I start, it will all change.
One of the strong points of this system is how easy it is to change parts of the track that cause problems.

The next track will not have any elevations, because it has to lean against the wall when not in use.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Yes, and remember how easy it is to have modules of the track.

If You plan to have one running direction You can make an Y to caths up the car when is it coming ower the border.

The hole Idea with WesR MagSteer is just so easy to build nice tracks.

But we have to Think in a Another way then peoble have done in fifty years or so ;-)

If we take more or less the same plan, we can inform and adjust the good things and skip the bad things.

We want realistic race, and have fun!
oldslotracer

Post by oldslotracer »

We have raced on here every Friday night for the last 5 weeks, and last night was the breakthrough.
Up to now it has been a crashfest, but last night the guys got serious and it looked more like a race.
We had 11 drivers and ran 4 minute heats with 7 cars. Each driver had a different car each heat, for a total track time of 28 minutes per driver. The slowest guy had 121 laps, and best were 2 guys tied with 139 laps.

Although the cars all have the same chassis, there are slight differences in the feel of each car, and some are a hair faster, but since you have to drive every car, it all evens out.
The whole event took about an hour and 10 minutes and we only changed batteries in 2 cars.
I wrapped all the back tires in masking tape about a month ago, the tape has pretty much worn off, but nobody complained about traction last night.

This is still a test track. I've changed the lane change plates so we only run in one direction and I'm going to move the lap timing sensors to a different spot. Right now most guys drive without any lane changing, which makes this a good learning track, but the next track will be quite different, especially now that guys have settled down a bit and are starting to use strategy to gain a lap.

Gotta thank Wes again, the system works perfectly (reverse will make it more perfect) and I believe the best way to run races is in the IROC format