SCR Track Concept

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
SlotCarRental_com

Re: SCR Track Concept

Post by SlotCarRental_com »

So I have been hacking at my line drawings of my track concepts again.
While I have uploaded images of a few tracks in this thread, there was likely another 2 or 3 before and between each of the ones I posted...

This version is more simple in some areas, and more complex in others...

I always intend to somehow print the lines down on paper, and transfer them to the boards to cut...
So I figured I could print them on a large plotter...
While looking for large plotters or services to do this, I figured I might as well have the lines CNC cut right into the board/foam.
Then I figured, If I was going to go through the troubles of cnc cutting... I might as well have the whole flipping track CNC cut.
Including the pit garages (which I went overboard with on this version), foot bridges, billboards, control tower, etc... some of which I have not drawn up yet.

The current one is far enough along that I might actually be building this one.
Only thing that is stopping me now, is price, and waiting to hear what it will cost to have it CNC cut...

If it is not a billion dollars or whatever to cut this thing, I might be able to make multiples of this track, and sell some off.
SlotCarRental_com

SlotCarRental_com

rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

hi scr, your track looks very cool, there are interesting curvedesigns, but i think you make yourself to much work. one box for each car is nice but nobody uses it (my experience) . one long straigt ,were everyboby can pick up his car is easyer to handle in real life. you have to invest so much work in every lc (and they must be built 100% clean ),and you have so many of them only to drive in a seperate box, i think the nice efect will not be ok if you see the work of it. lc in cuves are nearly impossible (trust my,i wanted too and testet nearly 100 different configurations )the car will take the outer line, and to get to the inside you have to slow down nearly to zero.it cost a lot of time. hold your construction as simple as possible, it will be work enough, as you will see.also i see a problem with chargerstations, its new and you will have a lot of unknown problems to install something like that in the cars to work clean.work with the things we have to see a progress or maybe you loose your elan if you get a new problem every day. i tested a lot and there are very much things to learn and understand. wes has given us a very good system at hand, there are some little things to look at, but it works great. i think his head was smoking sometimes while creating it. wish you much fun markus
SlotCarRental_com

More than likely I will not actually put the lane changes in the pit stalls... I will just use them to leave a ready-to-go car waiting for something to pick up the controller.

I do not have any changes in the curves... got rid of that hope a long time ago.

This track will be built as it is suppose to be... for the most part, using stock cars... at least until I get around to messing with cars too.
I was not going to use any of those wireless chargers either, but I saw a kit that would actually be kind of easy to install... lol. but It would still be easier to just change the battery.
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

your right with the batterys, they are changed in less than 5 sec.(if you got fast fingers). you will get problems enough to handle as you will see. i killed my train table and so i had a space of 4.00x 3.20m.i builded a big track directly, i had a lot af work to eleminat errors.better test new ideas on a small testtrack were you can change things easyer. i am away from lc. in curves because like i said i tested a lot with different curves, alternativ lanechange options, nothing worked so that i was satisfyed with. my opinion is that loosing the wire is bad. i worked over my track (two wires side by side)on bad points,were i lost the wire,and my cars (greater guidemagnet 5x3)to hold the car on the line. if you are to fast the car has to slide with the rear, so you have the chance to catch it. if you are loosing the wire an accident is 100% and it will small the fun ,if you must steer the cars often back on the wire.its a playing between grip on the rear tyres and the magnetforce on front.with high grip the cars will be pushed out to the inside if you are driffting to much and give full gas.its very important that the cars hold the line on every point of the track. nothing nervs more than you must get the car back on the wire every few seconds. i drive with rubbertyres on the rear and they maybe have a little to much grip, but at high speed you can see were your track is not ok.greetings markus
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

very important is to built the lc in the new form like wes said. gap befor and behind the lcplates , so they work at any speed you pass them