Radio Control Slot Cars

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
Pal-Al

Radio Control Slot Cars

Post by Pal-Al »

For those of you who simply enjoy a period of fair miniature racing competition using radio-controlled slot cars on a portable 2 lane track featuring fewer sections easy passing and maintenance free grey plastic routed with switching and pits where applicable , then soon I will have your desire. Designed for use with guide mounted Magracing cars , the track has been proven successful where switching or lane changing is all that is required ! By the fall a video will show the track in operation and its easy installation, and storage ! For those who have many lane slot car tracks, imagine able to race on any lane at any time ! the options are endless .
rex craemer

Re: Radio Control Slot Cars

Post by rex craemer »

looks interesting,will see it.
Pal-Al

Post by Pal-Al »

Rex : An earlier video of a prototype can be seen on U Tube " Dad Track 01 " Allan
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

it seems to be a good way with ready built parts, looks realy great. keep us informated please. greetings markus
Jeee

Post by Jeee »

Is this a commercial/crowdfunding project? Do you have any details about availability, options, extendability&flexibility, weights& storage sizes, pricing etc.?
Pal-Al

Post by Pal-Al »

Jeee I will be a private company only and offer my tracks on a first come first serve basis. As mentioned, my target date is the fall where I plan to set a up site which will show the product including description and pricing. There will be 11 sections including 180,135,90,45 corners as well as 3ft straights with crossover, pit switch etc. Sections are 1/4 thick with 1/8" groove and 3/16" deep. A barrier will also be supplied and is easily glued in pre-routed outer slot. As for pricing, I am not at this stage as yet but will be soon ! This is just a feeler as there is much more to come! ( the guide I am using is a H.O. Race pro Slide Guide still available! ) Truly Allan
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

if i understand it right , you use a pin in a slot to hold the line?
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

yes it looks that way, you can see the car have a weird behavior in the corner where the guide hit a bad routingpoint, it happens 3 times the same place, or maybe the speed going in the corner is to fast and to little grip.
/Keld
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

yes keld , i think i have seen the same. and it looks like low griplevel. but thats no problem to get more grip. also its no problem to glue a wire in the slot.
Pal-Al

Post by Pal-Al »

Gentlemen ! The grooves are as smooth as possible and yes the spasmatic fishtailing is a result of "no grip". I have since used 1" heat shrink on the wheels and the results are great ! For those who wish more grip the addition of any slot car grip solution is possible. The important element of course is that all cars are equal ! The lack of extreme grip requires more talent and little marshaling which we prefer! See you in a few months - Allan