sillage track

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
rex craemer

sillage track

Post by rex craemer »

rex craemer

Re: sillage track

Post by rex craemer »

hi all, this is a guy from france who builts digital slotcartracks. i tryed to contact him, to ask if it is possible to make magracing tracks. waiting for answer, but i think its much easyer to make magtracks than digital slottracks. think only about the lanechanges.
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

hi again, i got a message from david, and it looks like he is interestet. we have to think what he should make. pieces like a slotcar track?
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Nice tracks he made, I think youre right here, it would be better, easier and cheaper to make the track with magracing.

looking forward to see more. :thumpup

I have the same Idéa to make a track for rental with Magracing, only afraid if the cars are strong enoug to run without professional care a whole day.
/Keld
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

i am thinking about the guys who dont have the nerv to built a track. with ready pieces like carrera or scalextric its easy, without any tool. and keld i mean the only thing that worns quickly is the rearaxle bearing. the rest will make longruns without great problems. if i think how much miles my cars have run without any error i think it workes. david said he has a lot of work in the moment but he will look for magracing.
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Hi Marcus

Its a very good idéa trying to have someone that can build tracks available for customers. :yes

I was thinking about the rental part where you are setting up a track in a mall or something like that, and lets everybody try the track. that is not the best for our cars.

I know the car will work fine, when it is used normally, but i live by rent out my slotcar track to events and over the last 10 years I have seen how complete idiots some people are, using the cars as a missile trying to nail it to the wall.

So my concern is that the car will be used to crash on purpose, even that the owner are staying there and looking, and therefore the glue on the magnets that are holding the body will break, and a lot of other things can broke when idiots are using this. The cars must be as strong as slotcars and the body must not be so easy to remove if the car and track should be used to events where none known people* are driving.

*none known = People you don't know, and the don't care about if this is working.
/Keld
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

bye the way, the nearest driver in the video are not moving his finger at all.
How fun is that :usch

that is the guys I telling you about, full speed all the time :roll: , on fortunately he is driving digital slotcars and they are so slow :lol: and can almost not deslotting
/Keld
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

yes keld, unfortunely you are right with some ,,idiots,, but with foam barriers nothing happens to the cars. only if it is a crash car by car i loose the bobys sometimes. i am afraid greater problem will be the transmitter. the ,,idiots,, will break of the steering wheel. i got some transmitters were i had to repair this, and the springs on throttle broke down. have you seen more videos of sillage ? there are funny things , nascar oval with infield track. you can choose witch on you drive.
rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »

rex craemer

Post by rex craemer »