Battery Connections In Controller

Questions, Tips and Tricks about the transmitter, the electronics in the car etc.
Nor Cal Mike

Battery Connections In Controller

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

I couldn't get one of my controllers to work the first time that I used it. After some fiddling I finally got it to work but didn't know what I had done. I think I know no the problem. The battery, when installed in the controller, sometimes goes past the center of it's positive which causes electrical connectivity issues. I think that a stop of some sort placed in the bottom of the battery slot to prevent the battery from going past the electrical contact will solve this problem. Perhaps a strip of the adhesive tape provided with the car kit would make a good battery stop and will solve this issue.

Mike
Oldgoat

Re: Battery Connections In Controller

Post by Oldgoat »

Mike
I had the same problem , then I trimmed the blue pastice off the neg. end(the lip of blue plastic gets in the way of letting the neg end to touch the contact) I also added tape around the mid-section of controller batt. leaving a tail to pull it out during a pit-stop battery change.

I also marked number (1) on bottom of car and bottom of handle of controller so dip switch freq. can be found to pair with each car(after I buy more).

Well off I go for sure to my den and tea.

Chris
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Chris,
I was referring to the transmitter rather than controller. The transmitter has the electrical contacts on both ends rather than having the negative one on the side as in the car. The problem occurs on the positive end when the battery slips past the high spot on the electrical contact. Peeling the insulating plastic will not change the contact in the transmitter. My friend Bill had the same problem with his transmitters. If you have problems with your transmitters look there first. It is a defect in design IMHO.

Mike
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

Mike
I was also, the car has the reciever which you must peel back the plastic on the neg end.

I couldn't get my car to do anything till I peeled back the battery for the transmiter with the tape pull flag about 1/4 inch on neg side and it started to work. I noticed the contact for the transmitter was about 1/2 inch long and flat , so it could not contact the neg. battery end. Maybe it's the type AAA battery have (li-ion ).
Diff. manufacture might make a diff.

The battery for car has to have alot more peeled back so it will work also with side contacts.

Chris :ugeek: