2.4 GH working combinations.

Questions, Tips and Tricks about the transmitter, the electronics in the car etc.
NFBrown

Re: 2.4 GH working combinations.

Post by NFBrown »

Kim, are there magnets in your new design to do the pushing and pulling? Or is it all mechanical?

Nick
WesR

Post by WesR »

I have fitted an esc with reverse and all works perfectly. Unfortunately, when I try to post an image, I am getting 'Board attachment quota has been reached' Hopefully Keld will be able to do something!
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

Just did some measures of the ESC I have tested.
V. to the motor drops some 0.20 V compared to original MagRacing setup. (same battery in both cars.)
Just to be aware.
Other ESC may give other results. Will post when I have more to test.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

About magnets-

It is hard to get pushing magnets to work propperly - they tend to give lift to the steering-rod. So I'll continue with Wes's pulling setup at the moment.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

Picture can be opploaded again. Thanks Keld.

NEW ESC 5A. No connector
Attachments
DSC_2798.JPG
DSC_2798.JPG (149.61 KiB) Viewed 17328 times
Racing Regards

Kim K.
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

Comparison table: Download and unzip. then add, zip again and upload.
Attachments
magrace.zip
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 731 times
Racing Regards

Kim K.
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

NEW ESC tested with Flysky receiver. Freeing up some space. Playing nicely.

From Banggood.com : MicroRC 5A Bi-Directional Brushed ESC For RC Car

The one to lower left car. Picture in previous post.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
Ned

Post by Ned »

The following combination of 2.4ghz RC components work well with the stock magracing motor, along with one 3.7v li-ion battery and one HK-5320 servo used for steering. The receiver, ESC, and servo are the smallest I've been able to find that all work together with the motor and 3.7v battery.

HK-GT2E Transmitter with system type AFHDS 2A and modulation GFSK. Comes with receiver which I did not use because it is too big for the cars I’m building. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-g ... ystem.html

FS2A 4CH AFHDS 2A Mini Compatible Receiver with PWM Output. This is compatible with Flysky transmitters which use AFHDS 2A and also compatible with the HK-5320 servos which require PWM output from the receiver. Measures 11 x 25mm.
https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS2A-4C ... rehouse=CN

DasMikro 1S Bi-directional Brushed ESC With Brake For Micro Racing Chassis. Measures 12 x 18mm. https://www.banggood.com/DasMikro-1S-Bi ... rehouse=CN

As you can see in the attached photo, there is plenty of room for the receiver and ESC. Note that the ESC has braking. To energize the brakes you move the trigger forward instead of pulling it back. Moving it forward a second time, after returning the trigger to the neutral position, makes the car go in reverse. I suspect that the braking feature would help with serious racing. On the test bench with the rear wheels spinning freely, the wheels stop much quicker when the brakes are applied.

This chassis was built with a prototype of my chassis kit CK7. The newer version has a bottom loading battery box and a few other small improvements. https://www.shapeways.com/product/NRLP8 ... d=65035415
In this case the motor was mounted on it’s narrow side so as to minimize the wheelbase which is 2.77”. I’m designing another chassis kit which I’m calling CK9. It also has an adjustable wheelbase but in this case the distance between the front axle and battery box is adjustable while the distance between the rear axle and battery box is fixed. I expect it to be ready for sale on Shapeways around mid month.

Wiring up the components in the chassis was not easy for me. I’m not good at soldering and the servo, receiver, and ESC did not come with any printed directions. However, there were some good photos with the terminals labeled on the Banggood website. At my request, Nick Brown sent me a wiring diagram and gave me some additional suggestions. Without his help I never could have wired it up without smoking the components repeatedly. Thanks Nick !

I hope that Martin, aka HeliumFrog, makes his electronics board available. I'd gladly pay $15 extra to have only one pcb to mount and solder instead of two.
Attachments
CK7 Prototype Chassis Kit with 2.4ghz components
CK7 Prototype Chassis Kit with 2.4ghz components
IMG_20180403_172531-Resized.jpg (183.72 KiB) Viewed 17075 times
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

HI Ned.

You left out a 'H' in the link :

DasMikro 1S Bi-directional Brushed ESC With Brake For Micro Racing Chassis. Measures 12 x 18mm. Https://www.banggood.com/DasMikro-1S-Bi-directi ... rehouse=CN
Racing Regards

Kim K.
kiklo
Administrator

Re: 2.4 GH working combinations. FLYSKY / ESC comming

Post by kiklo »

Hi.

I have been talking to developers of a coming one-board solution.
Their plans are to have a miniature FLYSKY / 3A-ESC avalable in 2020.
I'm also discussing what / how we can get the timing-circuit in as well.

I'll keep you posted.
Racing Regards

Kim K.