Is it a future ?

Questions, Tips and Tricks about the transmitter, the electronics in the car etc.
Lasp

Is it a future ?

Post by Lasp »

Dont bee scared, I mean the future for those contacts ! ;-)

One at the board in the car. sex or seven positions :yes
MAG Porsche.JPG
MAG Porsche.JPG (103.98 KiB) Viewed 24556 times
And another simular contact at the transmitter pistol!
Pot o Adress.JPG
Pot o Adress.JPG (73.23 KiB) Viewed 24556 times
SlotCarsten

Re: Is it a future ?

Post by SlotCarsten »

Without actual knowing, I am pretty sure they are for programming the onboard microprocessor chip.

Best regards,
Carsten Groennemann.
ravajack

Post by ravajack »

Great feature & great pics, Lasp. :thumpup
Is it possible to see some more of the controller inside? :think
Especially the steering wheel mechanics.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Yes!
The steering wheel is a just a wheel that take contact with two switshes.
Easely moved, to the another side or back att the grip.

Here is the two switches
k├Ârriktning.JPG
k├Ârriktning.JPG (38.85 KiB) Viewed 24541 times
And here is the pin that is connected the the steering wheel.
K├Ârriktningsvisare.JPG
K├Ârriktningsvisare.JPG (29.31 KiB) Viewed 24541 times
Then I start thinkning of a trigger that you could vigg (to the left or the right) to one or the another side. So yoy do ewerything with just a finger!

Today its seen to bee hangin when you steer at left! Bad construction! Ore its just some thing to adjust?

Its a big deal! And could bee done!
ravajack

Post by ravajack »

Lasp wrote:The steering wheel is a just a wheel that take contact with two switshes.

Great info there, Lasp. Thanks! :thumpup

So the steering control is truly "digital" then, only a simple on-off gizmo.
No surprise there, and it seems easy enough to modify the thing to a simpler button system.

One can only wonder why it was so important to mimic the more awkward (for a slot racer,
that is) RC controller with a "fake" wheel in the first place...

More surprising is the fact that also the power trigger seems to be a digital on-off switch.
That gives little or no room for proportional power control, and the finely tuned index finger
movements that a slot car racer is so very dependent of for controlling the car.

It is now more obvious than ever that this concept comes from the RC world, where power
control is of little or no importance, as on-off and the inertia of the car is sufficient for power
and braking.

Not so in the slot car racing world, unfortunately, where delicate and precise control of power
is the key to performance on the track, as the physical groove/slot in the track takes care of
all the necessary "steering".

Something to ponder for the constructor, as there are definitely huge room for improvement
in the transmitter department if this concept is going to make it in the slot racing world,
and not only become a fun pastime for casual or retired old RC people, where precise control
is not very necessary to just have some laid-back fun. And maybe a couple of beers... :beer

Just my two cents, but in a very serious way.
simon

Post by simon »

ravajack wrote: More surprising is the fact that also the power trigger seems to be a digital on-off switch.
That gives little or no room for proportional power control, and the finely tuned index finger
movements that a slot car racer is so very dependent of for controlling the car.
You are absolute wrong here, the throttle is adjustable - and the switch turn on/off the battery so it will not ran out of power if you forget it in the transmitter.

It is very clever, :yes

please try the stuff before you make critisime :talk
In fact the controller and the car is very good
ravajack

Post by ravajack »

simon wrote:You are absolute wrong here, the throttle is adjustable - and the switch turn on/off the battery so it will not ran out of power if you forget it in the transmitter.

It is very clever, :yes

please try the stuff before you make critisime :talk
In fact the controller and the car is very good
Please, Simon, NB that I wrote "appears to be" and nothing else.
If I have jumped to conclusions and I'm wrong in this matter, all is well.

But judging from Lasp's picture, to my poor eyes no proportional power adjustment thingamajing seems to be visible.

Au contraire, mon cher, in the "enhanced" picture below, the two "steering" switches (A) still seems very similar to the
presumed throttle gizmo (B), e.g. a simple micro switch.

If you would be so kind to present a better picture of the throttle's innards, with the proportional power regulator
clearly visible, no one would be happier than me.

I'd also would be very happy to have an explanation of exactly how the gizmo (B) (presumed switch) would be used as to
"turn on/off the battery so it will not ran out of power if you forget it in the transmitter".

Isn't that a very awkward place to put the on/off switch, hidden inside the controller?

Looking forward to see some pics from Simon to clear up this issue once and for all.

If 'm wrong, I'm wrong, no big deal. But I can at present only comment on what I see, as I'm not yet ready to invest heavily
in technology that is in its infancy and still appears to have some serious flaws to sort out.

I can assure you that I've done my share of beta testing in the wonderful world of software and computers since the late 1970's.
Also some lessons learned along the way...

C'mon Simon, prove me wrong and be happy! :beer
tsmra

Post by tsmra »

Hi Ravajack,

From the web site:

Transmitter.

The pistol type transmitter can be easily opened and it's design is simple. A diode is fitted to save damage from an incorrectly fitted battery. The trigger is a press fit to the potentiometer shaft and should slide easily between the supporting sides of the casing when operated.
The trigger return spring should ensure that the button microswitch is closed, thus switching off the battery when not in use.

Brion.
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Could "B" be a brake switch? :?: And there is a potentiometer as the pivot of the trigger for speed control.

Paul
tsmra

Post by tsmra »

:think Looks like the switches marked as A by Ravajack are the left and right turn switches and the B switch is to shut off the battery when the trigger is released.