Greetings from another slotracer

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
Kai

Greetings from another slotracer

Post by Kai »

Hi,
another slotracer from Denmark.
I haven't been racing for a long time, due to house and kids and just too little sparetime, but I try to keep up using our national forum.
I hope to get a chance to watch and feel this new type of slotrace, I find it very interesting.
Kai.
Oldgoat

Re: Greetings from another slotracer

Post by Oldgoat »

:ugeek:Welcome from WNY state USA,

We are finding many things that are close but still better then slots. Simple layout and no routing and you just have to pay attention to your curves and if you are limited with space, this can be fun , if you know what I mean?

I am working on a 4 foot by 8 foot table for a test bench type track, what space do you have to work with?

We have many GREAT members that will try and help with any problems.

I can't believe how many NEW things we are discovering as we start to work with our small and large tracks(some are covering old slot tracks and others are starting from scratch.

Well guess I'll move on and just wanted to say HI from the states

Chris aka Oldgoat 8-)
Kai

Post by Kai »

Hi Chris.
For now, I just want to have a look at it, no further plans.
My life is filled with kids and a lot of unfinished business, I think it would be very unwise to start with yet another project, but a guy can have a dream....

(I used to be the maker of Slotline wheels, a long time ago).
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

:D
I have a question then with your background. What can we do to better the tires that Wes has made to improve the traction some? Other then using a tape or liquid painted on them?

Thanks

Chris
Kai

Post by Kai »

Chris,
sorry to say, but I have no idea, with tyres, I did only focus on the wheels (hubs?).
From what I read, the cars are made with ø2mm axles?
Make some wheels, and glue some slotracetyres on?
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

;) Kai,

Thanks for the info , guess I will go to microMark and get resin for wheels and try diff. slot tires or make them with the tire rubber MM has to sell. Make the wheel/tire mold with rubber mold material and go from there. We have to get better tires on these cool machines and don't worry Wes I will keep them to scale with 1/32 cars. Not like the WING cars going so fast you can't see them, with 2inch wide tires.

for the members that haven't tried MM MicroMark.com

Later all and keep all four on the track

Chris :ugeek:
Kai

Post by Kai »

I'm not going to the shop until april 2nd, nothing can be done before.
I still haven't seen a car IRL!
Could the Slot.it series of tyres be used, or are we talking a totally different compound?
I have tools for making bores from ø1.5mm, and could plan to make some for testing, but sparetime is REALLY limited.
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

In my opinion rubber on the wheels will spoil the hole idea with this Magracing

I tried today with tape (electrical tape) just added 2 mm. on the back wheel, and there was plenty of grip, I am sure if there was more grip the car will be impossible to drive.

Kai if you have time you can visit me and try the system, I will take down the Magracing track Monday before the club evening, since we need the tables to the slotcar club.

You have my number I am there the most of the day tomorrow and also in the weekend sometime.

About the cars going sideways under acceleration, try to glue the wheels to the axle.

If the car having problems turning one way it could be a wheel not spinning free, or maybe it is not round, there are many possibilities to get in trouble, I have 8 cars running, only one have problems right now, and I will look at it tomorrow since I find out today just before leaving the race center.
/Keld
Kai

Post by Kai »

Visited Keld today, ill post some of my input tomorrow.
Had great fun!