Where to buy battery and charger

Lasp

Re: Where to buy battery and charger

Post by Lasp »

I have some unpacked batterys. Will test and report to forum tomorrow!
Have a little paus from MagRacing just now!
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

No problem.
I hade two packet, one protected, that I use in the controller,
and one regular package. No missing magnetic contact!
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Hi All, Just to follow up. The this is the best solution I have come up with so far, no mods to the cars. Just take a piece of tin can (about ten thousands thick) and cut a rectangle about 9mm x 18mm and fold it in half with a little kink on one side. Place it on the positive magnet in the car and insert the battery positive end first. This will hold a non magnetic battery in while racing. Any other ideas would be welcome. Notice in the first picture that the non magnetic battery moves over to the case and won't stick to the post. I hope we don't find any more of these batteries.

Paul
Attachments
DSCN1542c.jpg
DSCN1542c.jpg (29.74 KiB) Viewed 16903 times
DSCN1532c.jpg
DSCN1532c.jpg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 16903 times
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Well the clips don't work as reliably as they should, sometimes they will pop out of the car in a crash. So the next test has been to solder some 10 thousands steel plate (same as lane change plate) punched out with a paper hole punch. I soldered with flux and radio solder as quickly as possible to keep the temperature down. The batteries now stay in as designed by Wes. Of course these batteries work fine without the steel in the transmitter and the modification is not needed. So no one else has run into this problem? I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket... Paul
Attachments
DSCN2808c.jpg
DSCN2808c.jpg (25.37 KiB) Viewed 16437 times
Ned

Post by Ned »

I bought 4 UltaFire 10440 3.6V 500mAh Li-Ion rechargeable batteries from BatteryJunction.com . For all 4 batteries the the attractive force between the magnet on my battery removal tool and the steel case is much stronger than the force to the positive terminal. None of these batteries would stay put in the battery compartment of the chassis. I solved the problem by gluing a small magnet on top of the plastic battery compartment near the positive end.
Has anyone found a reliable source of batteries that work in the chassis without any modification?
WesR

Post by WesR »

A quick search for 10440 lithium ion batteries on e bay.com showed 91 results. The first being a 4 pack of Trustfire
for $11.55, post free ( I assume to the U.S.) Worth a try I should think Ned.
WesR

Post by WesR »

As most of my batteries are getting on for 2 years old I decided it was time for some new.
Ali Express had the best deal at $16 for an 8 pack but the web site didn't like my credit card.
Prefer to pay by Paypal anyway so ordered 8 pack for $18.68 from Outdoor store 168 on E-Bay.
There are Trustfire unprotected. Hopefully these will have the magnetic contacts. I still haven't
come across the non magnetic ones yet.