Hello from TX, USA

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
Leonabi76

Hello from TX, USA

Post by Leonabi76 »

Good evening to some and good day to others (depending on when you read my greetings!).

My name is Abi Leon and I live in central Texas, USA. Just north east of the city of San Antonio.

I recall, as many here can I'm sure, catching a post on another slot forum about mag-racing back in December 2010 and thinking 'oh...well isn't that neat.' Not long after, due to some financial crunch I had to sell off 95% of my slot collection and all of my track. A while later, I got into XMODS and Mini-Z's and spent a good sum of $ hopping those cars up as well. And as with anything there's plenty to nay say about any hobby. I love slots and I love the freedom and insane detail of RC's.

And so, I took a couple days to read every post in that particular thread, and allow me to opine here as well, 'MagRacing is fantastic!' For me it seems the right balance of R/C, slots and scale realism. Good on ya' WesR for actually doing what many only dream to do one day and that is follow through with such a great idea and eventual venture! And to some of the elder slot-car cats pioneering this for us in the US thanks for blazing the trail. Your diligence has helped me out quite a bit.

Having stated that, I can't wait 'til I free up some other toys [read: sell] and get on MagRacing ASAP. I have a Back to the Future Delorean body I'd love to mod one of these chassis for! And that's the thing I love about these kind of scale racing hobbies, in the end we mod to our hearts content. I don't know how much vested research Wes has into the fine tuning of the cars such as accessories or suspension but I can't wait to have have fun finding out myself and sharing the knowledge with others. What a great start of a great future.
Keld
Administrator

Re: Hello from TX, USA

Post by Keld »

Hi Abi

Welcome here, hope you soon get a MAGracing set.

You're right we all mod more or less, I remember 40 years ago when I started as a kid, changing tires from car to car, painted all car :roll: tried new kind of tires, scratch build some cars, most was spoiled but a few was good.
/Keld
Oldgoat

Re: Hello from TX, USA

Post by Oldgoat »

Abi
:D
Welcome brother ex-slotter,

Glad you like this cool forum and NEW table top racing.

We are mostly just trying many diff. things to see what we can come up with to give more realistic actions to many of our favorite car types. We need all the creative people in this sport just like we needed (and recieved back in the 60's birth of slotting).

Again, I and all here welcome you and please feel free to ask/share anything about this new sport.

Chris Sr. :P