North East USA, NY Long Island!

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
racerpaul

North East USA, NY Long Island!

Post by racerpaul »

Hi All!

My name is Paul, I am a log time slot racer (on and off) and a full scale racer in the 90's, Formula Fords and Formula 2000's and a brief stint as a NASCAR Sportsmen Driver at the old Islip Speedway back in the 70's.

I am thrilled to come across this type of scale racing and will be pursueing it as it grows.

I have recently gotten involved with a group of slot car racers here in the North East that are dedicated to racing scale NASCAR Modifieds and stock cars. Check out our forum at: http://modifiedslotracing.forumotion.com/

I see there are a few folks here from the USA... I wonder if it would be a good idea to start a MAGRacing forum for the USA types??
Let me know!!
Regards
Paul
Nor Cal Mike

Re: North East USA, NY Long Island!

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Hi Paul,
I checked out your website link and it looks like we have another roundy rounder in our midst. Are you looking at using MAGracing primarily for oval racing? I look forward to seeing what can be done with these mag cars on ovals. Seems to me that with actual steering, there could be a lot of tuning done to these cars just as in 1:1 racing.
Mike
Vintage 1/24

Post by Vintage 1/24 »

Hey racerpaul,
I race at South Shore Speedway (for local "underground" racing) also!
It is some very fast and very competitive commercial style racing, run out of private two car garage by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Good to see some interest - I am finding the slot guys are not that interested - but it could be a "wait and see" kind of deal.
Regards
Vintage 1/24

Post by Vintage 1/24 »

Hey racerpaul,
It is some very fast and very competitive commercial style racing, run out of private two car garage by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Good to see some interest - I am finding the slot guys are not that interested - but it could be a "wait and see" kind of deal.
Regards
Vintage 1/24

Post by Vintage 1/24 »

Hey racerpaul,
Regards
Vintage 1/24

Post by Vintage 1/24 »

Sorry - unsure why it posted three times and I am unable to delete or edit them (the 5-minute rule?).

Regardless - Talk to me next time at the track - maybe at the big Modified Tour race?
racerpaul

Post by racerpaul »

Vintage 1/24 wrote:Hey racerpaul,
Regards

True... I don't thinkl Pete. Mike and the guys have given MagRacing nany thought. I was there at the South Shore Speedway this Fri nite... popped iinn and out cause I work nites for the FED and cant get any leave time off lately... will be at the tour race this Saturday... maybe see you there?

Regards
Paul
ps hope you joined our forum... http://modifiedslotracing.forumotion.com/
racerpaul

Post by racerpaul »

Nor Cal Mike wrote:Hi Paul,
I checked out your website link and it looks like we have another roundy rounder in our midst. Are you looking at using MAGracing primarily for oval racing? I look forward to seeing what can be done with these mag cars on ovals. Seems to me that with actual steering, there could be a lot of tuning done to these cars just as in 1:1 racing.
Mike
Hi Mike!

Ovals and road racing both... if I can find the room!..LOL

Talk soon I hope

Thanks for the welcome

Paul
http://modifiedslotracing.forumotion.com/