My design(s)

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
Leonabi76

My design(s)

Post by Leonabi76 »

So, I've yet to purchase my cars as my others are yet to sell. Having been into Mini-Z's I've a ton of the 3.7V batteries, so it's really just a matter of time. In the mean, I am dreaming up the tracks I'd like to design with this system. Here's my album of what I've actually done in the past slot car-wise: http://tinyurl.com/abl8lmm. It was a ton of track and it wasn't a permanent setup. Which is something I always wanted, but no place for it. Seems to me that this type of track design (Guide-wire?) lends itself more friendly than that of routing a full braid track or needing the space for a full RCP track; being that it can be built rather inexpensively. So I'll lay out some ideas in no particular order, if I may, and update accordingly:

:) ~MiniZ Catalunya~
I have always admired this famed track and have seen several attempts to recreate it to scale. I was able to acquire RCP track a while ago. I'm curious as to how well the Mag cars would do on this surface, so before that sells, I'll test on this surface. For those that aren't familiar with it, it is similar (not the same) to the type of floor tiles one would buy for say a home gym.

8-) ~Ninco Engleman~
This is a 6-lane design I posted on the other site. I actually built a four lane version of this when I had all my Ninco track pieces (yes...that big!). It was a fun track. What I totally dig about this design is the really long straights and a nice balance of technical areas. And with the freedom of being able to lay the wire wherever, all the turns could be smoothed out for a better and more realistic race line.

:mrgreen: ~Reckless Racing 2 Flat Hills (iPad video game)~
I actually acquired this image from the developer of the video game themselves. Believe it or not, I simply just asked them for it via email! Anyhow, this is sort of that dream track but not unlike what the company 'slotmods' is already doing. This track design actually betters them, though, in two specific ways. One; it has multiple routes that can be blocked off as well. Further, there would be no need to actually create the different textures we would just need different color paints. Unless... :idea: we later figure out how to add better suspension to the cars. While this is feasible with slots and RC it is not as cost effective. So then two, being that one could build this relatively cheaper with the Guide-wire method.

As with all things, it is only a matter of ones ability, determination and spousal permission! Or...you can just steal the kiddos legos and then everything becomes destructible, which in it's own way would also be fun! Since I've designed the former two, I will take to paper (maybe Skethup) and try my hand at reaching for the stars and modifying the last track for feasibility.