Let's see your Trax!!!

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
scottydogwoof

Let's see your Trax!!!

Post by scottydogwoof »

As above. Finished photos of your tracks, favourite sections etc. Builds in progress.
WesR

Re: Let's see your Trax!!!

Post by WesR »

Here's two to get started. Pic shows the old Linford 1 and the newer Linford 2 (left). Linford 1 was good fun but proved to be a little tight at the far end, i.e. not much room to manoeuver if you left the track. Linford 2 has more run off space so better for racing. Also Linford 1 was partially 20swg (1mm?) wire. Worked ok but difficult to drive across without the steering magnet sticking. The old marshalling points can be seen - before we had reverse! I am still finding steel screws in 2 and replacing with stainless!
TRACK DESIGN 012 (640x480).jpg
TRACK DESIGN 012 (640x480).jpg (178.1 KiB) Viewed 16876 times
WesR

Post by WesR »

Linford 1 mods 004 with text (680x276).jpg
Linford 1 mods 004 with text (680x276).jpg (126.25 KiB) Viewed 16872 times
The previous photo was taken some time ago and I see that the extensions to the 180 degree turns are not shown. The outer default lane now runs much wider and I consider this to be essential to penalise drivers who do not take the racing line and also to sometimes provide overtaking opportunities when the lead car runs wide.
scottydogwoof

Post by scottydogwoof »

:yes awesome
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

Track design, my errors are popping up. :-)
Tracks to narrow to pass when using racing line.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
Boyder

Post by Boyder »

WesR wrote:Here's two to get started. Pic shows the old Linford 1 and the newer Linford 2 (left). Linford 1 was good fun but proved to be a little tight at the far end, i.e. not much room to manoeuver if you left the track. Linford 2 has more run off space so better for racing. Also Linford 1 was partially 20swg (1mm?) wire. Worked ok but difficult to drive across without the steering magnet sticking. The old marshalling points can be seen - before we had reverse! I am still finding steel screws in 2 and replacing with stainless!
TRACK DESIGN 012 (640x480).jpg
Nice racing room you have there!