New MagRacer car

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
MagRacer

New MagRacer car

Post by MagRacer »

I have for some time been working on a 3 in 1 MagRacer car, the car can drive as normal RC car, MagRacing car and a slot car.
Since the beginning, I always wanted a MagRacing car that could use stadard RC parts, like Receiver, ESC and servos. So I have created a system that use a servo to turn the car on the MagRacing track. The car can also use the coil system and the electronics.

MagRacer

At the moment I am testing the car and I found a few errors that I need to fix. I will update this post with more pictures on the way.
MagRacer

Re: New MagRacer car

Post by MagRacer »

MagRacer
MagRacer
davidwp

Post by davidwp »

Clever idea, glad to see you are making progress!
MagRacer

Post by MagRacer »

one of my test runs

MagRacer Car
Pal-Al

Post by Pal-Al »

If your just building a drag strip, then why not rout grooves to accept the wire of your choice ,glue and fill as required ? I did this for a small road course and results were good however I was after more portable sectional track ! Just a suggestion !
MagRacer

Post by MagRacer »

Pal-Al wrote:If your just building a drag strip, then why not rout grooves to accept the wire of your choice ,glue and fill as required ? I did this for a small road course and results were good however I was after more portable sectional track ! Just a suggestion !
I am building a drag strip and a road course and two types of cars for the different tracks. On the drag strip I have chosen the plaster method because I want it to be as realistic as possible, the dry wall gives the track a realistic non perfect feel, like it was a real track, with small irregularities. It is a fun and cheap way to build a track and no power tools are required.

A portable sectional track is a good idea. I am in the process of designing a track and I am waiting for a price from a company that can make the sections with CNC. I will post pictures when the first track sections are finished.
MagRacer

Post by MagRacer »

davidwp wrote:Clever idea, glad to see you are making progress!
Thank you David :-)
HeliumFrog

Post by HeliumFrog »

This is a good design. We are actually doing something very similar for the new magracing chassis. You will also find that due to the centering of the steering, front end shimmy is greatly reduced. Ill try to post up some images of the new design this wek so you can see whats going on.
MagRacer

Post by MagRacer »

HeliumFrog wrote:This is a good design. We are actually doing something very similar for the new magracing chassis. You will also find that due to the centering of the steering, front end shimmy is greatly reduced. Ill try to post up some images of the new design this wek so you can see whats going on.
Thank you! Good news, I am looking forward to see your new design :-)
MagRacer

Post by MagRacer »

Another picture of the steering guide.