The one do it all straight section. 60 CM for routing.

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
kiklo
Administrator

The one do it all straight section. 60 CM for routing.

Post by kiklo »

So to use one pattern for all straight sections I have come up with this.
Coming in to the piece you can go straight or
using the first LC to change lane.
Leaving the piece you can go straight or
choose the raceline assuming it ends up in a curve with raceline and you are in the outerlane. If you are still on the inner bad driving you should have changed at the start of the straight.

As I can see it will work in both direction collecting raceline into outer lane at the end of a curve.

You may have to prioritize driving direction when laying the wire - it will need some tests.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (33.07 KiB) Viewed 9183 times
You find out what I have missed - please tell.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
WesR

Re: The one do it all straight section. 60 CM for routing.

Post by WesR »

Since our earlier posts re. lane changes, I have removed all my lane change plates and now have only a gap in the wire.
They all work well except that if you turn the wrong way, the car leaves the track. After 7 years, I don't do this very often now but novice drivers may. This was of course the main reason for the lane change plates. Also, if you drive very slowly, as again a novice driver may, the car may turn before the alternative wire route is reached. The l/c plates again stopped this happening.
I am not sure about driving both ways around the track Kim. A racing line in both directions would be very complex, certainly on my track. ! assume you are thinking of using the lane change into a right hand bend as the exit for the racing line out when running the other way. Without l/c plates, cars would surely shoot straight off the track.
At the moment I am simply trying to find the easiest possible l/c for a novice to build.
WesR

Post by WesR »

Sorry Kim, I only just read your post properly! I thought it was just for lane changing in both directions. I see now that you have thought about lane changing in both directions. Still not sure how well it would work though.
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

The problem is not racing both directions. It is the X beeing to close to the 'catching' line from the racing line from a prevoious turn. There should be at least 2 carlength between the catcing Y and the new change X .
I have a revised version, comming up soon.
Racing Regards

Kim K.
kiklo
Administrator

Post by kiklo »

I'm going to route this for a test.

600 mm long straight
100mm lane spacing. So I can run 1:24 and 1:32.
10mm distance for incomming/outgoing raceline.
'Dogbone' for connecting.

Green arrow for racing direction.
Red part no wire, empty magline.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 165101.png
Screenshot 2023-03-21 165101.png (35.15 KiB) Viewed 5278 times
Racing Regards

Kim K.