New kid on the block

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
Pal-Al

New kid on the block

Post by Pal-Al »

Gentlemen: I am an old slot car and R/C driver, track builder. Over the years I have sold at least 70 plus slot car tracks and built a large paved R/C track ! I was with Ed Bianchi of HO Race Pro fame and builder of the "Slide Guide" for N scale . After stumbling upon Wes' site a whole new excitement got a hold of me and although I thought I was retired from building tracks, I think there is room for one more in my life ! I plan to make it sectional and very portable and with the option to change the layout at any time. I plan to start in April and will post my results. Having been in this hobby both professionally and as a hobby since 1957 ( yes the Scalextric metal cars era ) I have always looked to make it a miniature of the real thing as much as possible. This Magracing form of racing just makes the dream closer to reality again and we can all thank Wes for this.

I'll keep in touch ! Al
Oldgoat

Re: New kid on the block

Post by Oldgoat »

Al :yes
Welcome and great to hear another old slot guy with experience has found this site.

Have you checked out Wes' UK site?

magracing.co.uk

many of us are from the same starting point as you and all the help and creative ideas will be welcomed.

Some of us are working on converting Wes' system to 1/24th and many are making new bodies for the frames that are in the works from the members.

welcome again and we oldies never retire we just run out of space or the steam we once had. I being from WNY, am waiting for this white crap to leave so I can start on my track in my 2.5 car garage.

Chris Sr. :beer
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Welcome Pal-Al
There is always place for new tracks!
And the module ones, with no cabels, no Slot! Will be fun.
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Welcome Al, I am sure you will enjoy your MAGracing experience. I've been having a blast, building tracks and bodies. But the best part are the cars, they are a lot of fun to drive. As for the modular tracks, it had crossed my mind that it might be worth discussing here on the forum. Could we actually come up with a standard?

Again Welcome,

Paul