Hi everyone!

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
maxmercy

Hi everyone!

Post by maxmercy »

MaxMercy here.

Was checking out oldslotracer's website and got linked here. What a tremendous concept! And some great dialogue here on this forum.

I was planning eventually to build an ac2car track with my son at some point, but I think magracing would be even better.

AC2Car is a tremendous DIY system for existing slot cars, though.

JSS
Keld
Administrator

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Keld »

Hi Maxmercy, welcome here and thx.

yes this is great, after trying this concept I can't wait to be finished with my next track.
/Keld
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

:stop Welcome Max

I also was thinking of AC2 system with digital but after geting a magracing car/controller without a track(still way too cool here in WNY) I would never go back to slots with their limitations and some of us here on the forum are working to convert magracing system to 1/24.

well have fun and be sure and ask if you have questions.

Chris :ugeek:
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

Max,

Where are you from , we have many diff. locations of members? the ones that live close to each other can get together to try to race on each others tracks.

welcome again

Chris
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

Max
have you made it to

Wes Raynor's site?

www.magracing.co.uk

Chris
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Welcome Sir,

You are quite right that Magsteer is much simpler to tackle than AC2car. I dabbled in AC2car some years ago and building those lane changers and wiring it all up was a lot of work. Once set up it works very well though. I still have a small AC2car oval here. It is stuffed in a corner of my shop attic. I haven't used it in quite some time.
Mike
maxmercy

Post by maxmercy »

Yes, have stopped by the magracing website, very nice.

I am currently in SW Missouri. I do not have the wherewithal nor space right now for a track, but there are plans in my head....

JSS
Oldgoat

Post by Oldgoat »

Max :yes

Sounds like me with the weather, I just ordered 1 quart of metal powder from a magnetic paint company and will be trying to set up a test track section with it taking the place of music wire and with the cost of 1 qt. of powder I can lay 1/4" wide stripe of paint for 960 feet with 4 coats applied. I am going for a 25'+x 12' daytona oval with many lanes and changes. So if this paint works it will be great.

Max you know with the magracing you can make temp. tracks that can be tore down and rebuilt when you need them , leaned them in the corner till later. Just don't want you to miss out on the best part of magracing************ creating a cool layout.

any question ask away we have some cool smart creative dudes on this forum, oops. :stop we haven't had a Danica sign in yet? lol

Chris
maxmercy

Post by maxmercy »

Very interesting using paint. That's a big track! Will it have the lake in it like at Daytona? I imagine it will have the serious banking that Daytona has as well? It can make the outside lane the fastest, with it's banking.

I have always thought of building a track that has a smaller flat section in front of the drivers and a ramp up and around the room near the ceiling with high banking in the corners, where soffits would normally go in a room. You could run cars flat out in those sections as the cars run above and behind you, and then do the real racing in front of you on the flat portion with the multiple turns.....

It would be easy to fit different flat layouts and connect them to the 'speed' section. When I was a kid I always liked tracks where a loooooong straight was a part of it, to just run flat out for a stretch...

JSS