The track surface

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
JMR

Re: The track surface

Post by JMR »

hello
here is video
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

So it looks like there is so much grip that the cars don't slide just get ripped from the wire guide. Maybe to much grip. Have you thought about spaying a LIGHT coat of paint over the top to make the grip a bit less? I think you got the right idea. Very promising. Please keep us updated.
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Yes it's really look like there are to much grip in that surface, at very low speed the cars go straight off, that's bad, better with less grip and a sliding effect, lets here what you come up with.
/Keld
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Keld's observation that when the car's go slow they push straight off the track reminds me of a lesson that I learned as a child. Myself and several other kids in our rural neighborhood owned go karts. We raced them in a dirt field behind my house. Because the karts had live (solid) axles, it was tricky to get them to turn sharply when going slow. We soon learned that you had to come into a corner fast ant toss the car into the turn to break the rear wheel traction to make a turn. Otherwise the kart would just push (understeer) its way into a blackberry briar surrounding our track. Believe me we earned that lesson! The same lesson would be true for magsteer cars. So plant a plastic briar patch around your corners gentlemen!
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Nor Cal Mike wrote:..... So plant a plastic briar patch around your corners gentlemen!
:rolf

Yes that's why we leaning our body to the left while driving to the right, so the right wheel can lift and spin. :thumpup
/Keld