Adjustable chassis.

Tips and tricks about building a car. painting it a making it run smooth.
Joel, LeNoir

Adjustable chassis.

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

Okay.... Got my slot it chassis in the mail today.. Clearly will not work. But it did get me thinking. I think I will be able to modd the chassis I have been making quite easily. I should be able to turn the bolt holes for the front steering into slider slots. That should work. Then will have to modd the opening for the mag guide.. Again easy. Hardest part will be the steering servo. Again a slider slot and a recasted bracket and I think I am running. Need to think about it a little more but I am close.

Narrower chassis ..... Not so easy. But getting closer. Chip problems...

LetMe know your thoughts.
Lasp

Re: Adjustable chassis.

Post by Lasp »

One of the problems with mofified chassis os that yhe frontwheel needs more opening.
But my advice to all of you that searching for rebuild.
Please male a track. Test the car to understand the behavier of MagCars first.
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

Ordering one of the new chassis with reverse. Need to make sure this will still work correctly.
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Joel,
I had doubts about the Slot.it chassis because the pod is so long. It doesn't leave much room for the steering gear. If you are set on use a pod, perhaps something like a Fly classic sidewinder pod would be the way to go. However, if you are loading batteries from the bottom side, even it would be in the way of the battery slot.

P.S. Lasp I have built a track. I know what they drive like. I still want to model different cars.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Sorry Joel LeNoir.
My advice about the track was for those how not have the experiense.
And the advice for building something Else was also more for newcombers.
Joel, LeNoir

Post by Joel, LeNoir »

I really like the adjustable side bars on the slot it chassis. That will most definitely make on the narrow chassis. Will do some more brain storming ......
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

If the chassi was made of bars, it could be adjustable.
Look at this solution,
https://www.facebook.com/TazProtoSlot
Please WesR Have a look and tell me wath you think about it!

It can be a nice way to spread the MagRacing idea!
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

That is an interesting chassis concept. It kind of reminds me of the old modular Dynamic chassis of the 1960's that was made of a cast alloy. For Magsteer, I think that the concept of a front pod section containing the entire steering system and a rear drive pod section containing the motor, gear and rear axle might be a way to mount Wes's components might be a neat idea.
Mike
Kuipo

Post by Kuipo »

Something to keep in mind... the whole chasis could be redesigned to be much smaller, more compact, lighter, heavier, thinner, taller... whatever. But most likely any of these configurations would be at an additional cost.

The number one thing Wes has to do to have good adoption when these cars are in their infancy stage like this is to keep the cars at an affordable price point. Making a second chasis is also most likely cost prohibitive and would add a huge amount of support needs on Wes. The electronics for example could be made more compact and/or could be placed differently around a battery. The battery could be made custom. The chasis itself could be made of different materials and/or made in a different fashion that allows for more space. All of these would require cost.

Raudi and I have purchased about 20 bodies (ranging from 1960's prototypes to 2012 Le Mans prototypes, to GT3 cars and more) and of all of them, it appears that only 4 will not be able to be fit. I'm not sure that the market is there to add a bunch of cost to make a new custom chasis just to fit thinner or longer cars. Maybe if there is, you could start a project on Kickstarter or something to get some funding?
lamalgame

Post by lamalgame »

You think that it will be possible to adjust your frame on compact cars like the cooper nini or fiat abarth ... ?
the car is really small to fit the battery ...

It is much more possible with the berlinetta I think
I'm excited to see what frame
Attachments
PICT3336.JPG
PICT3336.JPG (120.09 KiB) Viewed 17092 times
PICT3335.JPG
PICT3335.JPG (117.95 KiB) Viewed 17092 times
PICT3338.JPG
PICT3338.JPG (111.95 KiB) Viewed 17092 times