Targa track design

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
WesR

Re: Targa track design

Post by WesR »

Before we have any racing, I am concentration on easing out any driving problems. As I say, we need to be able to reverse out of any 'off' situation and also some of the 'default' curves may be a little too sharp or the lane changes may be a little too close together. We are pushing the limits of human reaction times here! I shall get son Scott to check it out when he gets back from holiday.
Our usual local racers will need at least one practice session before we consider any racing but we're
in the middle of the holiday season here.
masmojo

Post by masmojo »

All I can say is WOW! To me that is what mag racing should look like! Superb! :yes
WesR

Post by WesR »

Nearly finished now. Racing and videos soon. Couple more photos attached
(hopefully!) The grafiti 'Porsche Kaput' is authentic. The Sicilians prefered
Italian cars!
WesR

Post by WesR »

Targa finished A24 015 (500x334).jpg
Targa finished A24 015 (500x334).jpg (141.38 KiB) Viewed 17196 times
WesR

Post by WesR »

Targa finished A244 015 (500x291).jpg
Targa finished A244 015 (500x291).jpg (136.33 KiB) Viewed 17196 times
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Nice track Wes.

Mike
PDX Bryan

Post by PDX Bryan »

I just thought I'd check in to say I'm really looking forward to the next installment on Wes' track and also disappointed that Luf couldn't get his guys on board with his great looking LeMans track. What a shame.
Hope everyone's enjoying their summer. I'm kind of looking forward to the rain and less work.
Later,
Bryan
PDX Bryan

Post by PDX Bryan »

So It's been 6 months and I'm still waiting to see some action on the beautiful Targa track. Wes-What's up?
No news equals bad news?

Hope all is well.
PDX Bryan
WesR

Post by WesR »

Greatly enjoyed building the Targa track but it's proving a little tricky for our
local drivers. The problem is that a realistic mountain track has of necessity narrow roads and these do not allow much space for 3 point turns when drivers spin out or
crash. In practice it's more like 5 point turns and by this time another car has run into them! In hindsight I would have had wider run off areas but this would loose some of the scenic effect. We have taken some video but it is not up to standard so I havn't
posted anything. Drivers enjoyed it but much prefered racing on the old road circuit.
The oval we are building now will certainly be easier to drive and I'm not expecting this type of problem
PDX Bryan

Post by PDX Bryan »

Does this mean the Targa track is history? Can it be modified and improved? I was really looking forward to seeing the results.
Oh we'll. :(