New guy from indy

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
indyroofer

New guy from indy

Post by indyroofer »

I have a 4 lane 62 feet artin track on a 18 x 8 table now .Thinking about getting into magracing was wondering about the speed of cars.Ive seen good video of cars going around good and cars going all over the place looks like track setup has to be perfect..
Nor Cal Mike

Re: New guy from indy

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

Welcome Sir,
I think you will find that this list is a little slow right now. Hopefully it will pick up with the change of seasons. This is a small group so a little bit of silence sounds like a roar.

I am an old Artin track owner as well though all of mine has been boxed up for some time due to the fact that I built a wood one. I miss those old Artin Days when it seamed my hobby was a lot simpler.

You will find that these Magsteer cars are slower than slot racing. That isn't necessarily bad since slot cars go many times scale speeds on straights but especially around corners. Magsteer cars must navigate on their own grip so those slot type speeds would be impossible. That takes a little adjustment for the average slot racer to get used to when they try magsteer. But if you like scale racing at scale speeds, this system might be for you.

Mike