the right stuff to get started

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
jgraham

the right stuff to get started

Post by jgraham »

I've been reading about MAGracing and am considering taking the plunge. My plan is to start with a fairly simple oval track using the glue and plaster technique. It looks like I should order two "Car, Receiver and Transmitter" packages, some wire, and lane change plates. I also need to order four batteries and a charger from somewhere. What else do I need that I can't get at a home improvement store? What are the most likely things I'll wish I'd also ordered before starting? Magnets for a battery changer?

Jim
Waterloo, Canada
Nor Cal Mike

Re: the right stuff to get started

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

I would order the the lane changing plates when you order your cars and controllers. Everything else but the batteries and chargers can be sourced locally. Wes sells the wire too, but I couldn't see having a staple like that shipped across an ocean and a continent when it can be bought at any welding shop. Many of us waited quite a long time to get our batteries and chargers since they were shipping from China. I would suggest that you order them as early as possible.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Welcome too the realistic world.
Just try and test, make more than one testtrack. Find out wat is all about.
Wes R will send even the battery changing magnets. No extra, No cable, just fun!
prime05

Post by prime05 »

Nor Cal Mike,

Hey, just wondering if you found someplace in the US to get wire? I looked, but couldn't find anywhere myself. Would be nice to save on the shipping.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Search for MIG welding wire 0,6 or 0,8 mm Test with magnet. Very cheap solutions. :thumpup
There are small bobins with enough wire for testing at $10 AWS A5.18:ER70S-6. nearly 1Kg. Maaanyy meters!
Attachments
17-4656_l.jpg
17-4656_l.jpg (99 KiB) Viewed 9764 times