newbi

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
matt

newbi

Post by matt »

Hi all , only came across this a few days ago after looking for routed tracks on the web . We have had a semi perminant scalxtric for some time and converted to digital which i wasent that keen on, did think about a routed track but think i will invest in this , it just looks so much more fun somehow . Will be buying in the next few weeks and looking forward to starting the track , im a welder so gess thats the wire sorted :D
Keld
Administrator

Re: newbi

Post by Keld »

Hi Matt
and welcome on board

where you from?
/Keld
matt

Post by matt »

Hi keld im in the uk , im suprised how quiet it is in here considering how good this looks , im thinking of useing core foam pvc board for my track , score it , lay the wire then vinyl on top to hold wire in place . my brother runs a sign company and can photo print onto vinyl so real looking tarmac may be possable need to try it .
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

Velcome to the MagRacing world. We have discuss just that, Printing the raceway and also some easy sceneris.
That could bee a nice start.
Looking forward too your attempt! Is that right?
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

hmm :think , I think Lasp tried that, and it is necessary that the wire i in the exact same high all over the track, and the vinyl on top do not work,it is to slippery, I already tried it, the company next door is a sign company.

Yes it is quite in here, but again think slotcar, a million race that in UK but how many on a fora? you can't expect 10% of us racing Magracing is writing about it.
/Keld
matt

Post by matt »

Thanks , i thought someone must have tryed it ,i think there are different types of vinyl some with a slight texture that may be better ? I will make a tool to score the grove in the foamboard hopefully to the same depth , could be a very easy way to build or a fail . the board im looking at is 5 mm so would need to fix to wood for a perminant set up but i like the idea of light sections i could just throw on the floor when the mood takes us . Will put a post up when i get started , thanks for the wellcome lasp , keld .
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

the texture is worse, try to think of a real race car and the race tyre, you need as much grip as possible, that does not come on a texture.
but we look forward to see you're results.
/Keld