More magracing in Denmark

Tell us about you self, where you from, your car/cars, where you are driving your MAGracing cars etc. etc.
steellynx

More magracing in Denmark

Post by steellynx »

Hi everyone!

After a few weeks, erm, months of making small experiments and getting the things I needed to build an actual track I figured it was about time to join this forum and post some info on what I'm working on and a few lessons learned.

My main reason for taking up magracing as a hobby was the combination of realistic racing and the guided cars. In the past I've both considered racing regular r/c cars and slot cars, but neither appealed to me for various reasons. That is not to say that I don't like either, it's just a personal preference - and the fact that I really don't have the reflexes and hand-eye coordination to race regular r/c cars ;)

Earlier today/tonight I used a small track and four cars to host a competition at work. One of my coworkers had made a really good deal with one of our business partners so we were able to have eight heats, each with a 15 miinute drive in a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Audi R8 as the heat price. Needless to say we had 30+ really excited people who got completely drawn into the spirit of things and had a lot of fun and good racing despite the fact that none of them had ever tried it before. And sometime in the near future eight of them will be out in the full size super cars to make the roads around Copenhagen a lot noisier than they usually are ;)

Thanks to all the detailed post you guys have put up in this forum. They have been really helpful while experimenting and building the track. And since everyone from our office interns to our CEO managed to drive the cars around the track, I think it's safe to say that magracing is not just for us geeky people but for everyone!