Figure 8?

Questions and Ideas to track building, how are you doing it? need help? new features? share your ideas.
Lasp

Re: Figure 8?

Post by Lasp »

If you come from the Racing Line , Black, or the outer You have to make a chose?
otherwise yoy will be stuck at the outher line in next corner!
Or its the Racing Line default in the LC?
Keld
Administrator

Post by Keld »

Lasp wrote:If you come from the Racing Line , Black, or the outer You have to make a chose?
otherwise yoy will be stuck at the outher line in next corner!
Or its the Racing Line default in the LC?
default is never the racing line.
either you drive red or blue lane and stick to that forever if you do nothing.

the black racing line is only to take from the outer lane, but it brings you back to the same lane. so you must also make a lane change to get the next racing line.
/Keld
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Thanks for the ideas Keld, your racing line is interesting. When I was thinking about this track I couldn't image where the racing line would go, you could make it so that it was completely separate never touching the other lanes but that doesn't make sense. I wonder how much faster your racing line would be than the other lanes? When I said I had a racing line in mine I meant that the inside corner is the fastest. You would have to make two lane changes per lap or you will get sent out to the outside lane, which would be much slower.

Paul
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Spent the afternoon putting the wire down and a coat of putty.

Paul
Attachments
Laying mig wire.jpg
Laying mig wire.jpg (32.99 KiB) Viewed 14824 times
One lane done.jpg
One lane done.jpg (34.13 KiB) Viewed 14824 times
First coat of putty.jpg
First coat of putty.jpg (36.01 KiB) Viewed 14824 times
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

I like the bridge, will trye for myself. But!
I snt it a peace of two slot racing?

I meaning too make the slot equal for all!
In MagRacing that isnt the same priority!
Correct me if I am wrong!
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Well a slight set back, the same trouble Mike had with his cardboard track. After the putty was on the painted surface the paint let go of the cardboard. Three things have changed on this track, different paint (newer low VOC), fresh dry wall putty and spooled mig welding wire. The hot glue failed separating from the paint and let the wire go. So I stripped the wire out and puttied over the holes and started over. Hopefully it works this time. :shock:

Lasp are you talking about the 4" lane spacing and that there are two lanes? Wes recommends this format and it seems to work very well with good close racing and lots of passing. As Keld posted there are many ways to do a Figure 8, I want to try this one with only two lane changes and no separate racing line.

Paul
Nor Cal Mike

Post by Nor Cal Mike »

The paint let go? that is surprising.
Lasp

Post by Lasp »

If You use two or four track, is always an outher and one inner track. But with MagRacing Yoy can build far equalent trackracing without a having a eight figure to balace the way!
Thaths my point!
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Yeah, if I remember correctly I didn't let it dry for very long (hours, really it was dry to touch). I spent more time straightening and forming the Mig wire to the track.

Now I understand you Lasp, yes you are correct. I just wanted to do an overpass and it would fit on the cardboard.

Paul
Double Naught

Post by Double Naught »

Well, I'm back on track. Have a look at the first drive. :thumpup Only two lane changes, 18" before each corner and no racing line just change to the inside line. Fun to drive, but short and tight.

Paul